User-friendly low-risk, high-return trading action. Point and click real-time charts make trading simple and you can always see the essential trade information before you commit. With zero spread, zero fees and free guaranteed stops you can never lose more than you put in. Designed for trades from 20 minutes to a few days, TIQL® fits around work and family.
We’re looking for the world’s top trading talent. Challenge yourself on this fun, free app that’s simple to use but difficult to master. SparkProfit™ fits your schedule because you can make long or short predictions, then review or cancel them at any time. As your skills improve, you will get more points. Compete against other players for higher score and rewards.
We have decades of experience trading in capital markets across the world. Our heritage of building algos, market making engines and other cutting edge tools at Investment Banks shines through in our products.
The best products are also the most fun to use. There is a constant competition with games and other entertainment for people’s attention. We blend psychology, self-learning, and unique incentives to build apps that can be used by anyone, regardless of prior experience.
Whitelabel & Partnerships
NOUS® owns all Intellectual Property related to its products. You can licence our software, from client apps to risk management systems, to reach fast growing markets before your competition. Speak to us about JV and partnership opportunities.
Automated Crypto/Token Trading
NOUS® has been operating in the crypto space since 2012. We run our own fully automated market making and smart order routing systems for crypto ↔ crypto and crypto ↔ fiat and can supply liquidity to fledgling markets. Our CEO is a market microstructure expert with 20 years experience.
NOUS® has built one of the world's largest datasets of correctly incentivised and labelled manual trades. The live-stream of this data can provide unique insights into market sentiment and short-term price movements.
We are usually working on one or more side projects, and love to investigate interesting new ideas in the crypto, finance and gaming spaces. Contact us and see if there is some way to collaborate. The world is not zero-sum!
MEET THE TEAM
CEO & Founder
closeJustin Short CEO & Founder
Before founding NOUS® Justin worked at a number of investment banks over a period of 14 years, building fully automated trading strategies including Market Making Engines; Smart Order Routers; Agency Benchmark Algorithms and Options Pricing Engines. He also ran regional teams to determine the product strategy and directly influenced the global product, organised the necessary quantitative research, designed and tested fully automated low-latency trading strategies, and coded or provided input to the development team.PREVIOUSLY
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch - Director Asia Equities Electronic Trading Strategy
- Deutsche Bank Tokyo - VP Equities Electronic Trading
- UBS - FX Derivs. & Exotic Options
- Metapath Systems International - CDMA Network planning software engineer
- Music software developer & composer
- Imperial College London - BSc. Joint Maths & Computer Science
CPO & Founder
closeMichael Horgan CPO & Founder
Prior to joining the fintech world, Mick was the Lead Decision Architect with Pega implementing O2’s real time predictive analytics software, which was central to the intelligent monetisation of client contacts across O2’s retail network. This implementation achieved an 85% conversion rate on inbound interactions representing an increase in revenues of £75 million EBITDA and a decrease in churn of 3%. It was implemented in 5 call centers across the UK.
Mick was previously a commissioning engineer with GEC Alstom and led engineering teams in the UK, South Africa and Taiwan in the delivery of solutions for both coal fired and nuclear power stationsPREVIOUSLY
- Pega Systems (Chordiant) - O2 Project Lead Decision Architect
- Royal Bank of Scotland - Analyst Developer
- Ekin Research Group - Research Assistant
- GEC Alstom - Systems Comm. Engineer
- University of Manchester - MSc. Computer Science
- Cork Institute of Technology - B.Eng Mechanical Engineering
closeCarolina Larramendy COO
Carolina is a seasoned professional and entrepreneur with a wide range of international experience in expansion, legal & commercial matters, project management, operations, partnerships, and customer relationship management.PREVIOUSLY
- Globalista SAS - Regional Leader & Co-founder
- Vivat Group - Operations Director & Legal Counsel
- Generali Global - International Legal Counsel
- Lyons Davidson - Lawyer
- de Diego & Asociados (Argentina) - Lawyer
- Zanutto Abogados - Trainee Lawyer
- IE Business School (Spain) - Master of Laws (LL.M.) International Business Law
- University of Buenos Aires (Argentina) - Law Degree
closeEmma Page Copywriter
Emma started her career in broadcasting, most notably at the BBC working on shows such as Silent Witness and Holby City before she made the transition into copywriting and self-employment in 2011. She enjoys working with a broad client base on a range of writing projects in the fields of academia, fintech, business leadership, healthcare and leisure.CURRENTLY
- Words By Page - Founder
- King’s College - Teacher
- St Giles College - EFL Teacher
- BBC - Script Editor for “Silent Witness” and “Holby City”
- British Ceremonial Arts - Camera Operator & Post-Production Editor Buckingham Palace
- Ravensbourne College, University of Sussex - BA Professional Broadcasting
closeMomoe Short Community Support
Momoe is responsible for keeping thousands of customers in 200 countries happy - not an easy job!PREVIOUSLY
- Citibank Japan - Fraud Department
- NEC Japan - Japanese teacher to foreign workers
- Katherine Chen UX/UI DesignercloseKatherine Chen UX/UI Designer
Katherine has a rich background in mobile and web interface design and is responsible for product UX improvements, user journey, mock ups and design work for NOUS®.PREVIOUSLY
- ASKEY CORPORATION - Contract UX/UI Advisor
- ASUS COMPUTER - UI Specialist
- AJA DESIGN LIMITED - Senior UI Designer
Chris Peter Eaton
closeChris Peter Eaton Director (IOM)
Chris is the CEO of The ILS Group Limited. He is a law graduate, Chartered Director and former Chairman of the Isle of Man Association of Corporate Service Providers.
He has been involved in structuring client affairs from a tax and corporate governance perspective for more than 20 years. Working initially in London and Gibraltar he moved to the Isle of Man in 1991, where he has been based ever since. He assists clients in running their international trading and holding structures and sits on a number of client company boards, both in an executive and non-executive capacity.
He is approved in various capacities by the Isle of Man Financial Supervision Commission, the Isle of Man Investments and Pensions Authority, the UK Financial Conduct Authority and the British Virgin Islands Financial Supervision Commission.PREVIOUSLY
- University of Birmingham - Bachelor of Laws LLB (Hons)
closeKaren Jones Director (IOM)
Karen is the COO & Managing Director of The ILS Group Limited. She is a Fellow Member of the Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators with over 20 years of experience in the international fiduciary services sector, dealing with clients from a broad range of different industries and jurisdictions and notably with both land-based and online gaming operators around the world.
She is also a member of the board of directors of the Isle of Man Association of Corporate Service Providers. Karen has a particular interest and expertise in Company Law, Corporate Governance and Compliance matters.PREVIOUSLY
- Platz Consultancy – Manager/PA to founder of private investment startup
- Moore Stephens - Trust and Company Administrator
- PKF (Isle of Man) LLC - Trust and Company Administrator
closeAndrew McCabe MLRO (IOM)
Andrew is the Group Compliance Manager of The ILS Group Limited. He has an Advanced Certificate in Financial Crime Prevention and a Diploma in International Compliance, successfully obtaining his professional membership with the International Compliance Association in 2013.
Based in the Isle of Man, he is responsible for the ILS Isle of Man compliance function and is a key contact for the Group's wider compliance operations. Andrew has worked in the fiduciary services sector for over 16 years, 13 of which has been with ILS.PREVIOUSLY
- GNVQ - Advanced Business
Ming Hiu Yau
Founder & Advisor
closeMing Hiu Yau Founder & Advisor
Ming has extensive experience building low latency real time financial trading platforms. Before joining NOUS®, Ming was working with Justin Short in Merrill Lynch to build one of Asia's best benchmark algorithmic trading engines.PREVIOUSLY
- Nous Global Markets - CTO & Founder
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch - Algorithmic Trading Developer
- Morgan Stanley - Application Infrastructure Developer
- Chinese University of Hong Kong - BSc. Computer Science
Founder & Advisor
closeAnthony Lenaghan Founder & AdvisorCURRENTLY
- Macquarie Bank - Index Arbitrage
- Macquarie Bank - Index Arbitrage
- JP Morgan Chase - Algorithmic Trading & Flow Internalization
- Nous - Founder
- Bank Of America Merrill Lynch - Electronic Trading - Regional Lead: Algorithmic Trading & Internalized Liquidity
- UBS - Developer Analyst
- RBS - Graduate Software Developer
- Leeds Metropolitan University - BSc Computer Science
Founder & Advisor
closeAlexander Braylan Founder & AdvisorCURRENTLY
- University of Austin, Texas - MSc. Artificial Intelligence
- Nous - Founder
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch - Equity Proprietary Trading (Quantitative Research & Trading)
- University of Pennsylvania - B.A. Cognitive Science
- Wharton Business School - B.S.E.
closeJP Armenio Advisor
JP is Chief Administrative Officer at Chiron Investment Management. He served as Chairman and CEO of Mizuho Securities Asia, where he led the restructuring and expansion of the investment banking and securities subsidiary for the Japanese Mega Bank. His prior 13 years were with Morgan Stanley in the derivatives structuring and financial engineering businesses. JP ran Structured Products Distribution (Americas) for the Institutional Securities Group, and also served as Global Head of Structured Products for Global Wealth Management.
JP is an investor and advisor to early stage ventures, with particular focus on Internet and FinTech. As an architect, designer, builder, and operator, JP has leveraged financial structures, talent, and software over a 20+ year career to drive the creation of products, teams, platforms, and companies.CURRENTLY
- Chiron Investment Management - CAO
- Tantalus Capital - Managing Partner
- Expedition Advisors - Managing Partner & President
- Mizuho - Chairman & CEO
- Morgan Stanley - Managing Director
closeRobert Hogan Advisor
Robert is a private investor in a number of ventures including aCommerce Group Limited. He is a Partner at VentureLab. He has had a 26 year career in investment banking at Deutsche Bank and Morgan Stanley. His main focus in the investment banking world has been on providing services and technology to allow investors to trade equities.CURRENTLY
- VentureLab - Partner
- Deutsche Bank - Managing Director
- Morgan Stanley - Vice President